Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tough realization

Tuesday was one of the toughest days since I started this journey. I had a realization that I could very easily go back to my old way of emotional eating. I had eaten several handfuls of m&ms, some valentine hearts and a value size chocolate shake from BK. I dont just eat when I am sad, emotional eating for me is any and all emotions. When I was laying in bed Tues. night this all hit me and I cryed and prayed because I was scared. Scared that I could so easily go back to my bad habits, scared because I wouldnt live a long, healthy life with my husband and kids. That was a real turning point for me and I believe that God was such a part of it. I ask Him to help me when things get tough, but that was one time I realized that help wasnt all I needed. I need Him to hold me and stay right next to me in my food struggles. With Him I can do better, without Him I will stray :)

I have been paying for my eating mistakes physically. You see, I am allergic to chocolate and as much as I like to eat it, my body does not like when I eat it. So, between the upper body workout I did on Tues. and the chocolate I ate on Tues., I have been in alot of pain. I am hoping that today will be a better day. When I am in physical pain I get very moody. I get sick of hearing myself complain so I dont like to say anything, but I dont feel good.

I am going to go to the gym today, I dont know how much of a workout I will get in, but I will go and see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Love you. I'll pray for you! Stay encouraged. Satan lies and wants you to believe you can't do it. That your backsliding will be permanent. It won't. Jesus always wins. He's won the battle and He has great plans for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Theresa, I know you are right about Satan, he is trying all the time to hold us all down. To HELL with him :)

    ReplyDelete