Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday

I went to the gym today a little later in the day than I like to. I decided that I wouldnt go at that time anymore, 10:45am Sun., but I still had an amazing workout. I did 1 hr 15 min on the treadmill for a total of 637 calories burned!!! I did not like how I felt afterward though, so I will not push myself that much anymore. I will stick with the 1 hr, 500 calorie plan. Tomarrow is Monday which means time to weigh in! I am anxious to see how I did this week. I will post how it goes.

Saturday was the banquet at Joe's firehouse. I was very careful all day of what I was eating because I wanted to be able to have more freedom at dinner. I skipped the rolls at dinner, which was very hard for me because I LOVE rolls and butter!! I ate 1 smaller slice of roast beef, 1 slice of pork, red roasted potatoes and green beans. I did have desert and it was DELICIOUS!!! I was proud of myself that I was able to plan for it :)

I have several books that I get inspiration from everyday and one of them is the Dieters Prayer Book. I would like to share a page with you:

You are what you pray:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

There's some truth to the old saying "you are what you eat". But you are also what you pray.

Any change on the outside begins on the inside. "As he thinketh in his heart, so is he" (Prov. 23:7, KJV). Because the spirit and physical body are inseparably linked, the role of prayer in transformation can't be over emphasized.

And neither can the role of faith. The apostle James tells us that if we doubt when we pray, we are like a ship tossed about on the sea. And how easy it is to doubt or become frustrated when you've been trying extra hard to eat right and exercise but aren't seeing the results you hoped for.

Today and everyday God is calling you to a life of faith - and to commitment to prayers that ring with certainty. No matter what YOU see happening, God is at work. "So do not throw away your confidence," wrote the author of Hebrews, "it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised" (Heb. 10:35-36).

I believe very much in God's plan for me and for everyone. I also know that prayer is so important in my life and I am happy to incorporate it into my weight loss journey. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment